November 2018: Project Architect (8+ years experience)
Clark/Kjos Architects seeks problem-solvers, responsibility-seekers, creative forces, and people-people. We aim to add a Project Architect to our talented team in the heart of Portland. This position is best suited to those who value making a positive impact on the world, working with others collaboratively, active listening, and rolling up their sleeves.
Specifically, we are looking for Project Architects with broad experience and the ability and interest to focus on detailing and documentation and/or specifications to support successful design. The ideal candidate will possess a wide range of skills including: project design, production of contract documents and drawing details, Revit proficiency, interacting with clients and contractors, coordinating with consultants, and monitoring document quality. The role involves meeting with clients, either alongside a firm principal or project manager or as team leader, then collaboratively developing design and documentation, and performing construction administration.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an NCARB-accredited school of architecture
- Technical knowledge of architectural and engineering components of buildings and how they interrelate
- Proficiency in Revit, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office programs
- Clear and effective writing, graphics and verbal skills for communication with clients and other team members
- Leadership experience within collaborative teams through all phases of a project
- Good attention to detail and time management
- Previous healthcare project experience is a plus
A Portland-owned medium-sized firm, we offer excellent opportunities for career growth. Project responsibility, leadership and salary will increase commensurate with ability, attitude and experience. Compensation and benefits are competitive and include medical and dental insurance, 401K retirement plan, continuing education opportunities, and firm-sponsored fun events. CKA actively supports our staff’s professional growth and interests and respects the balance between work and home life. We are an equal opportunity employer.
As part of Clark/Kjos, you’ll be part of a firm that’s team-oriented and dedicated to design quality and innovation. If you are passionate about the world of architecture, excited by innovation, and embrace collaboration with unequaled peers and clients, then please send your cover letter, resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.